Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The project is under way . . .

I finished cutting up the tree yesterday; the children wanted to leave the stump and asked me to cut it into the shape of a chair. I did, but it looks more like a stump that had half of it left standing - but the kids have spent a lot of time on it already.

After the tree was finished, it was time to begin marking out the garage and digging footers. Amazingly and thankfully, I (with Joel and Laura's help) was able to get it laid out square. I couldn't believe it when every corner measured accurately!

I'm about worn out from digging the footers - and I even used my tiller to cut the trenches. I guess I'm not as young as I used to be (stating the obvious). I'll probably pour the concrete this weekend.

We had an interesting family outing today. I normally attend the Illiana pastor's fellowship that meets once a month at one of the churches in our area. The host church for today's meeting encouraged each of us to bring our families. They had breakfast for everyone, a nursery for pre-schoolers, and a retired teacher who sat with all of our children who are home-educated.

I must admit, it is not easy to get all 9 of us out of the house by 7:00 am (we had an hour and a half drive and the fog was REALLY BAD for the first 20 minutes of the trip), but it was certainly worth the fellowship as a family and with other families working in the ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment