Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm thawing . . .

The weather men are all talking about the "deep freeze" that the mid-west is experiencing right now - they got it right this time (last week they predicted 3-5 inches of snow and kept raising the forecast as the accumulation exceeded it - we got almost 9 inches). It got up into the teens here today; I am eager to finish my garage - especially putting the floor in the bonus room upstairs, so I decided to install the garage door today so that I could get some heat in there and warm it up so that it would be above freezing and then I can build the stair well without wearing gloves.

When Joel and I put the door up today, the thermometer that we had in the garage read 10.1 degrees. Having the door up, immediately made it feel warmer because the wind was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment